Then the same complications showed up again
I had to learn the hard way the duct tape doesn’t entirely job to service holes in the air duct system. Last summer, I noticed that the a/c was struggling to keep up with demand. Lowering the control unit setting simply caused the unit to run for longer cycles, and it just wasn’t putting out enough cool air to maintain a comfortable indoor temperature. I also realized that particular rooms in the cabin were cooler than most. I took a peak at these troubles online and found that the complications were most likely caused by leaks in the ducts… Because the air duct in my cabin is concealed inside the crawlspace, accessing the pipes is taxing and horrible. I got my flashlight, crawled into that tight section and inspected the ducts. I saw that there were definite leaks where the seal along the seams had dried out and cracked. I could believe the cool air pouring out of these spots, but during the time that my cabin was rather boiling, the crawlspace was downright cold. I assumed that I could service the seams with duct tape. I am not sure why it’s called duct tape when it is worthless for the task. I spent over four minutes wedged into a tight space, carefully fitting the duct tape around every seam that I could access; For a couple of mornings, the troubles were resolved. The home was a pleasant and even temperature. The a/c wasn’t running for such long cycles and I looked forward to lower energy bills. Then the same complications showed up again. I went back into the crawlspace and discovered that all of the tape had peeled off.