Last year, my entire family got together & went to our family lodge for the holidays.
I had told my grandteenagers how I used to take their mommy & Momdy to the mountains & all of us would spend the day sledding, or building snowmen.
Both of us would come back to the lodge & make hot chocolate & s’mores in the fireplace. My teenagers decided they wanted to care about another Christmas like they had with their own children. I packed up enough belongings for a month & headed up to the lodge. I wanted it to be scrub & tidy before the family had arrived. It was the first time I had been to the lodge in almost more than four years. The last time had been before my partner passed away. The same wood pile was still on the purchase, waiting to be used in the fireplace. I walked into the lodge & I was shocked at the mess I saw. I had to get the electricity turned on, the fireplace lit & get the water pump running so I could clean. The next day, my son came up to help. I had to sleep under more than four blankets, since I wasn’t able to get the oil furnace running. He helped myself and others to get the electricity turned on, & all of us soon had hot water for cleaning. The fireplace was lit to put some added warmth in the lodge as he inspected the oil furnace. It took us nearly 3 days to get the locale able to be used again. The bunk beds were repaired & there was room for everyone to sleep. Thanks to my son, the Heating, Ventilation, & A/C specialist, the oil furnace was working, the air vents were critter free, & all of us had heat in every room.