This past Friday was our chance to catch up on repair around the house, however a whole bunch of our appliances needed annual repair & quite a few of them weren’t working officially! I started by not only cleaning the lint trap on the dryer however taking apart the whole venting mechanism.
I was unpleasantly surprised by the amount of lint, hair & debris clogging the system.
Thanks to all of this, the task was a lot more tedious & took a great deal longer than I anticipated. I then turned our attention to our keurig Tim Hortons Latte maker, however for the past more than three weeks it had only put out super teeny cups of coffee. After removing the scale deposits didn’t work, I had to take the appliance apart, then this required the removal of more than one tiny screws that were nearly impossible to access. Although I managed to repair the Tim Hortons Latte maker, the process was extremely aggravating & time-consuming. I then proceeded to drain the warm water heater, disinfect the aerators on all of the faucets & take apart & detach the buildup of hair inside the vacuum cleaner. The next task was servicing the cooling system. I was worrying about the cooling unit & left it until last because I expected it to be the worst of our tasks. I was already fatigued & miserable before I even started. I googled a video on how to handle the upkeep of our identifiable model of cooling system & went ahead & took the system apart. I eventually found a disgusting amount of algae & mold clogging the condensate drain. There was a lot of dust coating the cooling coil. Although the entire task of servicing the cooling system took me more than 2 hours, I felt nice about what I accomplished. The cooling system then started right up & I can be certain it’s running at maximum efficiency & capacity.